Highlights of Austria, Slovenia and Croatia End Zagreb
Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
A vibrant Austria, Slovenia and Croatia trip filled with travel adventures in Central Europe. Waltz your way through Vienna, take a rowboat across Slovenia's fairy-tale Lake Bled and explore the magical walkways, waterfalls and lakes of Plitvice National Park in Croatia.
- Explore Vienna, Ljubljana, Plitvice National Park, Split, Hvar Island, Dubrovnik and Zagreb with a Local Specialist
- Visit Diocletian's Palace in Split
- View the Cathedral of Hvar Island
- See the Hofburg Palace and Imperial Boulevards of Vienna, the Castle of Ljubljana, the Old City of Dubrovnik and the Cathedral of Zagreb
- Plitvice Lakes National Park: Admire the irresistible beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO-listed protected area and home to bears, wolves and many rare bird species.
- Split: See the ancient fortress built in Split as a retirement residence for Roman Emperor Diocletian in the 4th century.
- Hvar: Explore the peace of a village where time has stood still and enjoy a Be My Guest lunch cooked in a traditional style under an iron bell using ingredients from the family's farm.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry to the Island of Hvar in the Adriatic Sea
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17458384
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2023
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna: Waltz your way through Vienna, the 'City of Music' - a fitting introduction to an unforgettable At Leisure journey through some of Europe's most enchanting landscapes. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive past some of the city's dazzling sights.|
|Day 2||Vienna||Discover Imperial Vienna: Soak up the elegance and style of this imperial capital. Your Local Specialist will share such iconic sights as the Opera House, Parliament, St. Stephen's Cathedral and the 13th-century Hofburg Palace, at the heart of Vienna. Explore the narrow lanes of 'Am Hof' before spending time at leisure immersing yourself in the Kaffee culture of the city, or perhaps join an Optional Experience to nearby Bratislava. This evening, you could choose to indulge in Vienna's intoxicating musical scene, attending a classical music concert hosted in one of the city's halls, churches or palaces.|
|Day 3||Lake Bled||Journey to Stunning Lake Bled: We journey south via the breath-taking Loibl Pass to Slovenia and the rustic natural retreat of Lake Bled, set against the backdrop of forests and mountains. Later, we travel to Ljubljana where we stay for two nights.|
|Day 4||Ljubljana||Ljubljana Your Way: Spend the day at leisure or consider joining an Optional Experience to visit the mystical Bled Island and admire Lake Bled's crystal clear waters.|
|Day 5||Plitvice Lakes||Venture to Plitvice Lakes Make Travel Matter: A Local Specialist will share some of the Ljubljana's most iconic sights, including the Cathedral, Three Bridges Square and Castle. Travel south across the Croatian border to the exquisite Plitvice Lakes National Park, where you will enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience and join a Local Specialist for a guided walking tour along the wooden pathways suspended over mesmerising natural landscapes. As you absorb the irresistible beauty of as many as 16 upper and lower lakes and caves that are all magically connected by waterfalls, you'll see first-hand why this is justifiably one of Croatia's most beloved places and an important natural treasure that deserves to be preserved for generations to come. Enchanted by the experience, you'll settle in for your overnight stay at Jezero Hotel, located in the very heart of the Plitvice Lakes National Park, a short stop from Kozjak, Plitvice's largest lake.|
|Day 6||Split and Hvar Island||Off to Split and Hvar Island Dive Into Culture: Today, we travel to Croatia's sun-kissed Dalmatian coast to the city of Split. Here, we'll meet our Local Specialist and Dive Into Culture on a tour of the UNESCO-listed Diocletian's Palace, a veritable fortress built as the would-be retreat for the 4th-century Roman Emperor after which it is named. View the Cathedral and Baptistery of Split, once the Temple of Jupiter, before travelling to the glamorous island of Hvar for a relaxing three-night stay.|
|Day 7||Hvar Island||Explore Beautiful Hvar Island Connect with Locals: Set your watch to island time and enjoy a leisurely guided walking tour with a Local Specialist to Hvar's Old Town. See the 16th-century Cathedral and loggia built by famed Venetian architect, Sanmicheli. Explore the peace of a village where time has stood still and Connect With Locals over lunch cooked in a traditional style under an iron bell at our exclusive Be My Guest experience. Savour the heavenly flavours of locally produced ingredients against the backdrop of the vivid-blue Adriatic before returning to Hvar for an evening at leisure.|
|Day 8||Hvar Island||Hvar Island Your Way: Restore your spirit, relaxing in beautiful surrounds on this full free day to do as you wish. Explore the gorgeous rocky coastline on foot or join an Optional Experience taking in the island's sights and tastes, with a stop at one of Europe's oldest settlements, Stari Grad.|
|Day 9||Dubrovnik||Cross the Water to Dubrovnik: Journey south along the picture-perfect Dalmatian coast, past seaside villages to the medieval city of Dubrovnik - its terracotta rooftops, fortified walls and white limestone facades almost tumble into the waters of the Adriatic.|
|Day 10||Picturesque City||Uncover the Picturesque City: Wander within the solid city walls on a Small Group Sightseeing tour. Your Local Specialist unveils the labyrinth of lanes and main sights of this medieval city. Admire the Rector's Palace, Onofrio's Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, before spending time on your own, perhaps soaking up intoxicating seafood flavours at a seaside restaurant or enjoying the lively atmosphere of a local market. This evening, we enjoy a Regional Dinner at a local restaurant.|
|Day 11||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik Your Way: Spend the day on your terms exploring the 'Pearl of the Adriatic'. Tread in the footsteps of Lord Byron and George Bernard Shaw, who were intoxicated by the allure of Dubrovnik. Climb the medieval ramparts, imagining a time when Dubrovnik fought for its freedom against Ottoman attacks. Later, consider joining an Optional Experience to Montenegro to see the incredible Bay of Kotor.|
|Day 12||On to Colourful Zagreb||On to Colourful Zagreb: We leave the splendour of Dubrovnik behind as we head north to the Croatian capital of Zagreb, our home for the next two nights. This evening we dine at our hotel.|
|Day 13||Zagreb||Uncover Zagreb's Treasures: Join a Local Specialist this morning for an exploration of the Upper and Lower Towns of this traditional medieval city. See the majestic Cathedral, the Opera House and St. Mark's Church, with its colourfully tiled roof. The afternoon is yours to stroll through the Old Town, twirling your ?estine umbrella as you ramble along its hidden lanes, or consider an Optional Experience to Kumrovec in the countryside. This evening, we enjoy a Farewell Dinner celebration with our newfound friends and Travel Director.|
|Day 14||Journey Home||Journey Home: Our time together has come to an end. Bid your travel companions a fond farewell at the end of a memorable At Leisure holiday together. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class