2022: Sensational Spain (6870)
14 Day Tour from Madrid to Madrid
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544798
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||MADRID, SPAIN||Check into your hotel. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||MADRID-SEGOVIA-RIBERA DEL DUERO-BURGOS||The first visit of the day is Segovia, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site for its soaring Roman aqueduct and breathtaking fairytale fortress. Traveling through Castille and Leon, we reach the Ribera del Duero area, which follows the course of the Douro River and is noted for producing some of Spain's finest wines. Get a taste at a local wine cellar, then on to Burgos with its landmark cathedral.Today's Distance: 155 mi/ 250 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Pamplona||The day is dedicated to discovering the Basque Countries as we visit the city of Bilbao, with its contemporary architecture, and San Sebastian, with its beautiful sandy beach. On to Pamplona, famous for the running of the bulls.Today's Distance: 217 mi/ 350 km (B)|
|Day 4||PAMPLONA-SARAGOSSA-BARCELONA||Vistas of the Rioja wine-growing region greet you this morning as you travel towards Saragossa on the banks of the Ebro River. Here, visit the Baroque-style Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Pillar before arriving in Barcelona, Catalonia's lively capital.Today's Distance: 311 mi/ 500 km (B)|
|Day 5||Barcelona||This morning's sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a drive around Montjuic to see the Olympic Stadium and to marvel at the incredible panoramic views of the port and city. On to the city center to Plaza Catalunya and Paseo de Gracia to admire the greatness and eccentricity of Gaudi's architectural masterpieces. (B)|
|Day 6||Barcelona-Valencia||Travel along the Costa Dorada today and on to the Costa del Azahar (Orange Blossom Coast) to arrive in Valencia, birthplace of paella! Combining striking modern architecture with Art-Nouveau-style buildings and the Old Town, Valencia is one of the most innovative Spanish cities enjoying a very high quality of life.Today's Distance: 217 mi/ 350 km (B)|
|Day 7||Granada||Spectacular scenery unfolds as you travel inland towards Granada, beautifully situated at the foot of the mighty Sierra Nevada and at the confluence of four rivers. Granada is a compelling city where Moorish influence, old-style tapas bars, and historical sites coexist with a young population of university students, graffiti, and exotic tea houses in the Albazyn quarter.Today's Distance: 303 mi/ 487 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Granada||Today, your Local Guide will bring to life the world-famous Alhambra complex*. Built by Moorish kings in 889 AD, this magnificent hilltop palace-fortress features lavish gardens, and is the epitome of architectural beauty. (B)|
|Day 9||GRANADA-CORDOBA-SEVILLE||Visit Cordoba, known for the white-washed houses of the Jewish quarter, but also for its magnificent 8th-century Mezquita, a mosque inside which a cathedral was built following the Reconquista. Admire its splendid giant arches, domed shrine of Byzantine mosaics and 856 jasper, onyx, marble, and granite pillars. Continue your journey through picturesque Andalusia, on to vibrant, festive Seville! Tonight, a chance to join an exciting optional Flamenco show to immerse yourself in the local culture.Today's Distance: 199 mi/ 320 km (B,D)|
|Day 10||Seville||An included city tour reveals the best of this colorful Andalusian capital today: see the majestic cathedral; beautiful La Giralda minaret tower, a symbol of Seville; the Real Alcazar palace with its extravagant Moorish architecture; and the landmark Plaza de Espana, built for the Ibero-American Expo in 1929. The rest of the day is at leisure. (B)|
|Day 11||SEVILLE-CACERES-SALAMANCA||Stop in medieval, walled Caceres, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its blend of Roman, Islamic, Northern Gothic, and Italian Renaissance styles. Later, cross the Tagus River and the Guadarrama mountains to arrive in Salamanca. Here you will experience the ambiance and unique Spanish Baroque beauty of Plaza Mayor, heart of the city and one of the most extraordinary public squares in the country.Today's Distance: 289 mi/ 465 km (B)|
|Day 12||SALAMANCA-AVILA-MADRID||On to Avila, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its imposing city walls, monumental gates, 88 watchtowers, and 2,500-plus turrets. This city is the essence of Castilla and the epitome of old Spain. Upon arrival in Madrid, enjoy a guided tour of the city, discovering its royal elegance and its vibrancy. You'll enjoy the abundance of museums and cultural livelihood.Today's Distance: 134 mi/ 215 km (B)|
|Day 13||Madrid||Spend the day at leisure to explore the city at your own pace or to join one of our optional excursions or activities. (B)|
|Day 14||Madrid||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).