On this splendid Central Europe tour, you'll discover the former Habsburg Empire. Your tour starts and ends in Munich. Along the way, you'll overnight in some of Central Europe's most exciting cities: Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and Salzburg.In Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, join your Local Guides-experts who will share with you the history and secrets in their cities-for sightseeing of the must-see sights. Among the sights you will see in Prague are Charles Bridge, dating to 1357 and one of the oldest stone bridges in Europe, and the Astronomical Clock, built in 1410 with a sinister medieval figure of death who emerges to pull the bell cord. In Budapest, see the Parliament building, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and considered one of the world's most beautiful parliament buildings, and Fishermen's Bastion, which overlooks the city. In Vienna, view the Hofburg, the palatial complex and the political focal point for the Hapsburgs. You'll have time on your own in Vienna to sit in a cafe with a piece of scrumptious Sachertorte while listening to a legendary waltz, or explore the inside of St. Stephen's Cathedral with its Romanesque and gothic architecture. In Nuremberg, wander through the charming, pedestrian Old Town with its impressive medieval ramparts. In Salzburg, you may want to walk through the quaint streets of the town center and maybe visit Mozart's house, or just browse through the typical shops to maybe taste some of the delicious chocolates.Vibrant cities and historic sights-along with some beautiful scenery of the Alps and the Danube River-make this a comprehensive tour through Central Europe for value-minded travelers.
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15132859
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax or discover Munich with the help of the CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Prague||The first city visited on this tour is Nuremberg with its pretty market square and Our Lady's Church. Next, head east across the border into the Czech Republic. Evening arrival in Prague. (B)|
|Day 3||Prague||The wealth of gothic and baroque architecture perhaps inspired Dvorak and Smetana, both Prague composers. Your included guided sightseeing features landmarks such as the Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, and the Old Town Square with the ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Vienna||Travel from Bohemia into Moravia, then into Austria and on to Vienna, where included sightseeing starts with the State Opera, Parliament, and the Town Hall. Stop for a stroll in Heroes' Square to view the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Reserve some energy for an exciting evening optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 5||Budapest||A free morning to further explore the city of 'waltz' or maybe just to do some shopping on the Karntnerstrasse. In the afternoon, head for the Hungarian border and its capital city, Budapest. (B)|
|Day 6||Budapest||Budapest is a treasure trove of architectural wonders, from Gothic to Baroque, Neoclassical and Art Nouveau, but also full of history, a food capital and surprisingly rich in thermal waters. Discover all of this and more during the guided city tour. (B)|
|Day 7||Salzburg||Skirt the banks of the Danube back into Austria. Enjoy spectacular alpine scenery on the way to Salzburg. (B)|
|Day 8||Munich||Enjoy a morning at leisure in Salzburg or maybe join the optional The Sound of Music excursion. Then, continue past Lake Chiemsee to Munich. Tonight, an included typical Bavarian dinner at a local restaurant is a must to celebrate your wonderful vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $390-$500No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Munich:Pre tour: in single room $87-$414, in twin $59-$242, in triple $55-$184Post tour: in single room $87-$336, in twin $49-$190, in triple $45-$1382020 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2019.between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).