Highlighting Thailand's rich history, fascinating culture, and religious monuments, this Thailand tour includes overnights in Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Phitsanulok, Lampang, Chiang Rai, and Chiang Mai. This tour through Thailand includes visits to some of the cities that have served as the country's capital: Bangkok, Ayutthaya, and Sukhothai. In Bangkok-Thailand's current capital-visit the Temple of the Golden Buddha; the Temple of the Reclining Buddha built in 1832; and the Grand Palace, the royal residence begun in 1782 where you'll see the Emerald Buddha, Thailand's most sacred Buddhist sculpture. In Ayutthaya, Thailand's ancient capital, your sightseeing includes a visit to Bang Pa-In Palace, which was built as a summer residence for the Kings of Ayutthaya. In Sukhothai, Thailand's 13th-century capital, visit Sukhothai Historic Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ruins of palaces, temples, and homes.But that's not all?take a train ride over the famous River Kwai Bridge, part of the infamous Death Railway built by prisoners during World War II. Visit Hellfire Pass Memorial, which houses a museum detailing the life of the Allied prisoners and Asian laborers who helped build the railway. Explore a night market by rickshaw. Travel to the 'Golden Triangle,' where Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar meet, and visit a local tea plantation.. Your budget-travel to Thailand is rich in experiences, sights, and welcoming people you'll long remember!
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15132714
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Bangkok||Welcome to Thailand's capital city. Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Bangkok||Bangkok is an exhilarating blend of historic and religious monuments, chic modernity, exciting shopping, and friendly culture. An exciting day of sightseeing is ahead. Take in the city's principal landmarks such as the splendid Temple of the Golden Buddha and the spectacular Temple of the Reclining Buddha, the oldest and largest Buddhist temple in Bangkok. You will also visit the gleaming Grand Palace, Thailand's most sacred monument, and the spectacular Temple of the Emerald Buddha. (B)|
|Day 3||Bangkok||Today is yours to explore Bangkok at leisure, perhaps enjoying the great-value shopping, lively markets, and delicious Thai cuisine. You may opt to join an optional excursion to the legendary Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, where traders sell all manner of items from their boats, including exotic fruits, vegetables, silks, and toys. (B)|
|Day 4||Kanchanaburi||Today, head to Ayutthaya, ancient capital of Siam. Here, you will visit Bang Pa-In Palace, which was built in the 18th century as a summer residence for the Kings of Ayutthaya. Then, travel to Kanchanaburi on the banks of the Kwai River, famed for the River Kwai Bridge, built during WWII. (B)|
|Day 5||Kanchanaburi||Today's highlight is a train ride across the famous bridge to Wang Po Station. Also visit the Allied Forces Cemetery and spend time in the fascinating Thailand-Burma Railway Center. This afternoon, visit Hellfire Pass Memorial, part of the Death Railway that cuts through the mountains. Today, it houses a museum detailing life of the Allied prisoners and Asian laborers who helped build the railway, and subsequently suffered or died at Hellfire Pass. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Phitsanulok||Today's full-day drive takes you to Phitsanulok, one of Thailand's oldest cities, founded over 600 years ago. This evening, enjoy a rickshaw ride to experience Phitsanulok's colorful night market. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Lampang||Journey to Sukhothai, Thailand's 13th-century former capital, and admire the atmospheric, moated Old Town. Here, you will visit Sukhothai Historic Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and explore ruined temples and monasteries, including Wat Si Chum with its stunning seated Buddha. Then, travel to Lampang. (B)|
|Day 8||Chiang Rai||This morning, visit Phayao Lake and Wat Phra That Lampang Luang. Built in 1476, this ancient Buddhist temple is often thought to be the oldest-standing wooden structure in the country. After lunch at a local restaurant, continue through rural countryside to Chiang Rai. Upon arrival, visit Wat Rong Khun, also known as the White Temple. (B,L)|
|Day 9||Chiang Rai||Enjoy breathtaking vistas as you journey to Doi Mae Salong and visit a tea plantation. Continue to Mae Sai, Thailand's northernmost town, and on to the renowned Golden Triangle, where the borders of Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet. You may consider an optional boat tour on the Mekong River. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Chiang Mai||Travel through lush jungle to Chiang Mai, a fragrant mountain retreat known as the 'Rose of the North' for its refreshing climate. Upon arrival, visit San Kampaeng to see local craftsmen make Thailand's traditional lacquerware and teakwood furniture. (B,L)|
|Day 11||Chiang Mai||This morning, visit Wat Phra Singh with its famous Buddha image, and Wat Doi Suthep, a temple tucked away in the mountains. For the final ascent to the temple, you can take a tram car or walk up the Naga (dragon-headed serpent) staircase, with more than 300 steps. The afternoon is free for you to enjoy this dynamic city. (B)|
|Day 12||Chiang Mai||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
2022 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in August 2021.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).