GLOBUS 2021: Mackinac Island & the Great Lakes (NM)
8 Day Tour from Detroit to Chicago
Experience life in the fast and slow lanes as you venture to where the automobile was born and where it's been banned since 1898. This tour of Mackinac Island and the Great Lakes gets your engines revving with a visit to Detroit's Henry Ford Museum and an overnight at the elegant Dearborn Inn, built by Ford on the lush former grounds of the Ford Motor Company. Switch gears as you board a ferry for Mackinac Island, the Jewel of the Great Lakes and one of the nation's most popular summer resorts. With horse-drawn carriages and bicycles as the island's only means of transportation, you'll have no choice but to fuel up on lunch at the famous Grand Hotel, military history at the restored Fort Mackinac, and the decadent fudge the charming island is known for. Other sweet detours include the Bavarian town of Frankenmuth, the coastal resort of Petoskey, and the faster-paced cities of Grand Rapids and Chicago.
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15038479
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||DETROIT/DEARBORN||Welcome to the Michigan! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Frankenmuth||DEARBORN Visit the Henry Ford Museum.FRANKENMUTH Free time this afternoon, followed by an authentic [LF] Bavarian dinner and wine tasting. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Mackinac Island||FRANKENMUTH Visit Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. Scenic ferry ride to Mackinac Island. MACKINAC ISLAND Horse-drawn carriage ride from the ferry to your hotel. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Mackinac Island with a bicycle ride through town. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 4||Mackinac Island||MACKINAC ISLAND Free time this morning before a horse-drawn carriage ride to the Grand Hotel for a guided tour and lunch. Carriage tour of the island includes Avenue of Flags, the Governor's Mansion, and Arch Rock. Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Petoskey||MACKINAC ISLAND Scenic ferry ride to the mainland. MAINLAND Visit to Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse State Park. Visit Legs Inn on Lake Michigan and sample [LF] local specialties. Scenic drive through the Tunnel of Trees en route to Petoskey. PETOSKEY Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 6||Grand Rapids||PETOSKEY Free time this morning. CHARLEVOIX Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes Victorian summer resorts and 'Mushroom' Houses. TRAVERSE CITY Free time for lunch and shopping. GRAND RAPIDS Visit the Gerald Ford Presidential Library and Museum. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 7||Chicago||GRAND RAPIDS Drive through Indiana en route to Chicago. CHICAGO Guided sightseeing tour, followed by free time this afternoon. Farewell dinner this evening at your hotel, the Palmer House Hilton, includes a [LF] private presentation on the hotel's history and a sample of the famous dessert invented here. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Chicago||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).