GLOBUS 2020: Poland, East Germany & World War II (RV)
13 days from Warsaw to Munich
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14739642
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Welcome to Warsaw! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Warsaw's excellent restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Warsaw||Your Local Guide will tell you about the tormented, often tragic history of this important gateway city between East and West. See the medieval Stare Miasto (Old Quarter) with its market square and 14th-century CATHEDRAL OF ST. JOHN, the 'wedding cake' Palace of Culture and Science, neoclassical Lazienki Palace, and the remnants of the Jewish ghetto. Later, maybe join an optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 3||Krakow||Visit Auschwitz and Birkenau, and see what is left of the notorious World War II CONCENTRATION CAMPS, chilling reminders of the Holocaust. Then, continue to Krakow, for centuries the residence of Polish kings.Today's Distance: 311 mi / 500 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Krakow||This morning, consider an optional excursion to the Wieliczka salt mines. Back in Krakow, [LF] follow your Local Guide for a stroll through Kazimierz, the old Jewish quarter, and visit the REMUH Synagogue. In the afternoon, visit [LF] the OSKAR SCHINDLER FACTORY, made famous in the movie Schindler's List. Perhaps join tonight's optional Polish dinner and folklore show. (B)|
|Day 5||Wroclaw||Guided sightseeing in ancient Krakow features the 14th-century Jagiellonian University, St. Mary's Church, and a walk to the Market Square. See the former Gleiwitz radio station on the way to Wroclaw, historical capital of Silesia. Through the ages, this impressive city belonged to Bohemia, Austria, Prussia, Germany, and (after 1945) to Poland. Hear about its turbulent history during your guided tour, and admire its highlights, such as the cathedral and the MARKET SQUARE with its fine patrician houses.Today's Distance: 186 mi / 300 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Dresden||Cross the border and arrive in Dresden, former capital of Saxony. Badly damaged by Allied bombing in February 1945, the city has since been restored to its baroque splendor. During your guided walking tour, visit the Zwinger Palace COURTYARD to admire its impressive architecture; the magnificent baroque Semper Opera, originally built in 1841, first destroyed by fire, then destroyed by bombing, and finally restored in 1985; and the newly rebuilt Frauenkirche. Afterward, [LF] dinner with local specialties awaits in Dresden's well-known Am Pulverturm restaurant.Today's Distance: 205 mi / 330 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Berlin||Hear about Joe Polowsky on your way to Torgau then, see the monument commemorating the meeting of US and Soviet forces during World War II. Visit the COURTYARD at magnificent Hartenfels Castle. Continue to Berlin, capital of reunited Germany. Sightseeing with a Local Guide in the once-divided metropolis includes the boulevard Unter den Linden with its historical buildings like the Berlin Cathedral and State Opera House, and the Museum Island. Make a picture stop at monumental Brandenburg Gate, the restored Reichstag, the 210-foot Victory Column in the vast Tiergarten Park, Charlottenburg Palace, and the elegant Ku-Damm. Visit the KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH with its bomb-damaged bell-tower, have a picture stop at the Holocaust Memorial, and pass the former Allied Checkpoint Charlie.Today's Distance: 196 mi / 315 km (B)|
|Day 8||Berlin||A full day at leisure offers the opportunity to join an optional excursion to Potsdam. (B)|
|Day 9||Berlin||Weimar has always been an important city for Germany in many ways, politically and culturally. During your walking tour, see the theater where the Weimar Constitution that governed Germany between the two World Wars was drafted. It was also the city where great poets like Goethe and Schiller lived and the birthplace of Weimar Classicism, a humanistic cultural movement. In the afternoon, a visit has been included to Buchenwald at the site of the former CONCENTRATION CAMP. Return to Weimar.Today's Distance: 199 mi / 320 km (B,D)|
|Day 10||Nuremberg||Arrive in Nuremberg and [LF] visit the MEMORIUM NUREMBERG TRIALS and COURTROOM 600 (if available), followed by visits to the impressive DOCUMENTATION CENTER and ZEPPELIN FIELD. In the afternoon, walk through the pedestrian area of the charming Old Town, known for children's toys and gingerbread. Admire the impressive medieval ramparts; St. Sebald Church, painstakingly reconstructed as a monument to peace from the rubble of near-total wartime destruction; and the Schoner Brunnen, a 14th-century fountain dedicated to the Holy Roman Empire. It is said that it brings good luck to spin the two brass rings. Tonight, dinner includes traditional Nurnberger Bratwurste at the Bratwurst Roslein restaurant.Today's Distance: 193 mi / 310 km (B,D)|
|Day 11||Munich||Visit the site of the former Dachau CONCENTRATION CAMP, which started out as a work camp for German dissidents. Then, continue to Munich, Bavaria's capital, and explore MARIENPLATZ with the Old and New Town Halls, and the gothic Frauenkirche.Today's Distance: 137 mi / 220 km (B)|
|Day 12||Munich||Today an optional excursion to spectacular Berchtesgaden and Hitler's Eagle's Nest is available. This evening, look forward to a farewell dinner to say auf Wiedersehen to your traveling companions and to share your feelings about this intriguing and emotional encounter with World War II historic sites. (B,D)|
|Day 13||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$690-$950No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).