Join us on a budget-friendly vacation in Sicily-the Mediterranean's largest island, just off the toe of Italy's 'boot.' You'll begin in Palermo, a colorful city of churches, squares, marketplaces, and palazzos of every style. Your sightseeing tour includes Cappella Palatina (Palatine Chapel) in Monreale, built in the 1100s, with byzantine mosaics depicting famous scenes from The Bible. Next, take in stunning views with a cable-car ride to the medieval hilltop town of Erice-with cobblestone streets, fortifications, and ancient churches. Enjoy a guided tour of Trapani, set on a harbor that was once a powerful trading network, and visit Marsala, known for its famed Marsala wine. See the Acropolis and its temples in Selinunte, and take a guided visit to spectacular ancient temples near Agrigento. Visit the Roman Villa at Casale, famous for its mosaics, like the 'Bikini Girls.' Visit elegant Taormina and the coastal town of Cefalu. Enjoy an excursion on Mount Etna, the majestic volcano overlooking the city of Catania, the verdant valleys and the shimmering blue Mediterranean waters. Your affordable vacation in Sicily returns to Palermo for an overnight to celebrate your Sicilian adventure.
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14721110
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Palermo||Check into your hotel. Spend the rest of your day exploring this great city. Tonight meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Palermo||A full day to enjoy this busy and colorful city full of interesting squares and marketplaces, churches, and palazzos in every style-from Moorish to baroque. Join the included sightseeing tour to learn more, and visit the magnificent CAPPELLA PALATINA. Later, maybe join an optional excursion to complete your day. (B)|
|Day 3||Marsala||Two Sicilian treats are on the agenda today: First, visit the medieval hilltop town of Erice, reached by CABLE CAR. Situated about 2,500 feet above sea level, it immediately impresses with its defensive walls and castle, affording breathtaking views over the Gulf of Trapani and Egadi Islands. On clear days, see all the way to the African coast. Next, visit enchanting Trapani with a Local Guide. Set on a harbor that was once at the heart of a powerful trading network stretching from Carthage to Venice, the city center stretches along the port and was built primarily in baroque style. Today's Distance: 115 mi/ 185 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Agrigento||This morning spend some time on your own in Marsala, known for its celebrated Marsala wine. Then head towards Selinunte, one of the most striking and interesting sites in Sicily. Here, you will see the remains of the ACROPOLIS with its temples and fortifications. Continue to Agrigento. Today's Distance: 96 mi/ 155 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Taormina Area||Guided visit of the spectacular DORIC TEMPLE OF CONCORD and the TEMPLE OF JUNO LACINIA, archaeological jewels of the Valley of the Temples near Agrigento. On to Piazza Armerina, a maze of steep streets positively overflowing with the colorful atmosphere of Sicilian life. At nearby Casale, visit the ROMAN VILLA, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and famous for its mosaics, including the whimsical 'Bikini Girls'.Today's Distance: 155 mi/ 250 km (B)|
|Day 6||Taormina||Drive up the heights of MOUNT ETNA with the option of a jeep or cable-car ride for a better view of Europe's largest active volcano (subject to weather conditions). Descend to sun-kissed Taormina, magnificently situated on a 700-foot plateau overlooking the Ionian Sea. The heart of Taormina is Piazza Nove Aprile, a paved square with unrivaled views of the sea and Mount Etna. Take a stroll along the Corso Umberto, and maybe taste a refreshing granita or a sumptuous cannolo. Today's Distance: 75 mi/ 120 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Palermo||the coastal town of Cefalu with its medieval squares, streets, and churches. During your visit, see the Norman cathedral, a 12th-century fortress-like structure with elaborate Byzantine mosaics and soaring twin towers. Later return to Palermo. During your final day in this glorious city, catch up on some last-minute shopping or explore more of the city on your own. Today's Distance: 174 mi/ 280 km (B)|
|Day 8||Palermo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $300No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).