If you've imagined yourself in the shimmering French Riviera, the gracious fields of Provence, and the gourmet flavors of Lyon, say 'Oui' to this Cosmos Lite budget vacation through southern France-ready for you to enjoy as you please. Arrive in Nice for a stroll along the Promenade des Anglais. Relax on the beach or find the perfect bowl of bouillabaisse with your CosmosGO mobile app. Maybe visit the birthplace of painter Chagall in St. Paul de Vence, before heading for the glittering city of Cannes. In the lovely Aix-en-Provence, discover a chic university city of moss-covered fountains, both old-world elegance and youthful vivacity flow. Visit its trendy shops, hip cafes, and cool open-air markets, and you'll see why it's been dubbed the '21st arrondissement of Paris.' Explore the medieval walls surrounding the Palace of the Popes in Avignon, and indulge in French favorites in a sidewalk cafe. Travel to see the sights awaiting in historic Orange, including the Arc de Triomphe, Ancient Roman triumphal arch, and the Theatre Antique, one of only three standing Roman theatres in the world. On the way to MonteÂ´limar, see the aromatic lavender fields and, in the town, the cafe-lined promenades in France's 'gateway to Provence.' Sample its famously delicious nougat made of almonds and honey. Spend two nights in Lyon-the gastronomic capital of France-to celebrate your a la carte Cosmos Lite tour of France. You choose how to spend your days with MyCOSMOS excursions, and your CosmosGO mobile app has all the details on guided tours, restaurants, and activities to make the most of your days in France!
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14721050
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nice||Nice? Nice! Hello, French Riviera! Settle into your Nice hotel and, if you have time, take a walk along the Promenade des Anglais. Meet your Tour Director in the early evening, who will introduce you to your upcoming adventure and give you recommendations on how to enjoy Nice and France like a local.|
|Day 2||Explore Nice||Beach or Bouillabaisse? There are many things to see and do in this lively seaside city. Explore with the assistance of your CosmosGO app, maybe spend some time on the beach, or try the traditional bouillabaisse fish soup in one of the many bistros. If you wish, join the afternoon optional excursion to St Paul de Vence, famous for having been home to artists, such as Picasso and Chagall, as well as actors Roger Moore and Yves Montand. If you'd like to visit the Principality of Monaco this evening, just book the optional excursion on MyCOSMOS. (B)|
|Day 3||Aix-en-Provence||Red Carpet glamour and Old Town eleganceCannes is the image of red carpet and cameras flashing during the May film festival, but it also has a more down-to earth side which comes alive at the street market, where you can find anything from fruit and vegetables to soaps, pottery and table cloths. Aix-en-Provence, on the other hand, has an aura of elegance mixed with the lively character of a university town.Today's Distance: 115 mi/ 185 km (B)|
|Day 4||Aix-en-Provence||Provence at its Finest Aix is a mosaic of pictures, bright with the colors of festivals, festivities and traditions, Provencal markets, sun-ripened foods, country walks, and countless leisure activities. See the colors of Cezanne and learn about the father of modern painting. Stroll through the places and landscapes which influenced his outlook on life and art. Experience and discover this lovely and lively town your way. (B)|
|Day 5||Orange||Sur le Famous Pont and Roman HistoryAvignon's historical center is surrounded by Medieval walls, protecting the famous Palace of the Popes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and many more, narrow alleys and friendly squares. Look for the famous bridge of the song or sit in a cafe and people-watch. Orange goes back to Roman times, and many of those ancient treasures still stand. Taste some Cotes du Rhone wines for some true local flavor. Today's Distance: 75 mi/ 120 km (B)|
|Day 6||Lyon||Wine, Nougat, and Coq au VinEach one of today's destinations has its gourmet specialities. Wine? You'll be spoiled for choice as this is one of the most celebrated wine-producing areas. Nougat? Montelimar is the quintessential French town sweetened by a tradition of nougat making. Coq au Vin (rooster in wine sauce) is one of the most traditional recipes of the Lyon area. Lyon is a city worth exploring, with its museums, Roman sites, silk weaver workshops, markets, squares and romantic river banks and bridges. Ask your Tour Director for suggestions and use your CosmosGO app to show the way. Today's Distance: 127 mi/ 205 km (B)|
|Day 7||Lyon||Savoir VivrePlan your favorite activity for the day, whether it is taking the funicular to Fourviere hill for a panoramic sweeping view of the city, a visit to the Basilica and to the ancient ruins of Lugdunum, or a stroll through the hidden traboules (passages) of Vieux (old)Lyon. Brush up on your school French as you explore independently, or follow a local expert guide through the highlights on the optional sightseeing tour. (B)|
|Day 8||Lyon||Your personally tailored vacation ends in Lyon this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $320No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.Porterage at hotels is not included on Cosmos Lite vacations.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).