2018: Postcard from Portugal (6810)
7 days from Lisbon to Oporto
Embark on your affordable tour of Portugal's Western cities to discover ancient architecture, art, and culture steeped in history. Throughout your journey from Lisbon to Porto, you'll savor local cuisine and regional wines and experience breathtaking land- and seascapes. Your 7-day escorted tour of Portugal begins in Lisbon - the 'City of Explorers' and Continental Europe's westernmost capital city. Among the world's oldest cities, Lisbon is poised on the Iberian Peninsula where the Tagus River meets the Atlantic Ocean. On a guided sightseeing tour of Lisbon, you'll discover the Praca do Comercio, Belem Tower, and the tomb of explorer Vasco da Gama. You will see the Vasco da Gama Bridge, built in 1998 for the World Expo and still the longest in Europe - 10.68 miles. From Lisbon, you'll travel north to the picturesque city of Obidos and walk along its cobblestone streets to admire the medieval architecture. In Conimbriga, you'll visit the archaeological excavations that have unearthed remnants of ancient Roman settlements with the vestiges of thermal baths, aqueducts, an amphitheater, and mosaic floors. Upon your arrival in Coimbra, you'll take a guided walking tour to see Portugal's 13th-century university with its historical library dating back to the Monarchy of the Colonial Empire. Your budget travel package of Portugal ends in beautiful Oporto. Situated on the banks of the Douro River, this coastal city is renowned for its stately bridges and Port wine production. Tour one of its celebrated wine cellars along the riverbank with your local guide.Portugal's colorful culture will be an experience to remember. Your discoveries of the beauty and incredible history of Portugal will leave you with unforgettable memories.
Call (603) 995-4019 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13996198
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring Lisbon, the 'City of Explorers.' Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Lisbon||Situated on the Iberian Peninsula along the Tagus River and close to the Atlantic Ocean shores, Lisbon is continental Europe's westernmost capital, and one of the oldest cities in the world. During your guided sightseeing, discover the elegant Praca do Comercio (Commerce Square), an elegant meeting point for locals and tourists. Also, see iconic Belem Tower, the ceremonial gateway to Lisbon; Jeronimos Monastery with the tomb of explorer Vasco da Gama; and Henry the Navigator's Monument to the Discoveries. The rest of the day is at leisure-maybe wander through the historic Alfama quarter or visit one of the many intriguing museums. (B)|
|Day 3||Lisbon||Today is free to explore at your own pace. Consider joining the optional excursion to Evora with its well-preserved Old Town and captivating historic monuments, including a Roman temple dedicated to the goddess Diana and the grand 13th-century cathedral. (B)|
|Day 4||Coimbra||Travel north to picturesque Obidos. Walk along its cobblestone streets and marvel at its wall, castle, and other excellent examples of medieval architecture. Next is Conimbriga, home to one of the largest ancient Roman settlements in the country. Visit the EXCAVATION SITE and see vestiges of the thermal baths, aqueducts, civic buildings, homes, amphitheater, mosaic floors, and more. Later, arrive in Coimbra, where a walking tour with a Local Guide introduces you to the 13th-century university, Portugal's oldest university, followed by a visit to its historical LIBRARY, built to showcase the wealth of the colonial empire and the power of the monarchy. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Oporto||This morning, drive to history-steeped Oporto on the banks of the Douro River. Here, your Local Guide will introduce you to the city renowned for its Port wine and celebrated wine cellars along the riverbank. Later, walk around the Old Town and maybe enjoy a drink in one of the lively bars! (B)|
|Day 6||Oporto||Relax and enjoy a morning at leisure. This afternoon, how about an optional excursion to Guimaraes, 'Birthplace of Portugal,' with its mesmerizing medieval center? (B)|
|Day 7||Oporto||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$300No triple room reductionExtra nights per person in Lisbon:in single room $64-$75; in twin / in triple $42-$51Extra nights per person in Oporto:in single room $139; in twin / in triple $78
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).